ENGAGE Wellness Focused Living
Excellent care in an exceptional setting.
The Highlands at Wyomissing values the overall wellness of all residents and is committed to providing the opportunity for each resident to enhance the quality of his or her life. Through our ENGAGE wellness focused living we view health and wellness as a combination of physical, intellectual, nutritional, social, spiritual and emotional well-being.
We offer preventive programs such as lectures on various physical and well-being topics, blood pressure & weight clinics, health fairs, as well as the availability of educational materials such as videos, pamphlets, and books on various health-related topics of interest to senior adults.
Our Health & Home Support is staffed 365 days a year with dedicated, professional nurses. Other services available include:
- Emergency and non-emergency access to a nurse 24 hours a day.
- 48-hour follow-up in each resident’s villa or apartment after returning from the hospital or a higher level of care.
- Therapy services provided in our well-equipped, on-site Rehabilitation Gym. The goal of the Rehabilitation Department is to promote functional independence and maintain wellness of residents. Physical, occupational, and speech therapy services are available on an inpatient basis to skilled nursing residents and on an outpatient basis to other residents of The Highlands.
- Daily laboratory courier services from Reading Health System.
- Room meal service, when medically approved.
- Medical transportation.
- Annual flu vaccine clinics.
- Assistance with arranging for home care services.